Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Pick

Ok, I love the Superbowl, always have.  It is the biggest game of the year and it isn't even close.  It's an American holiday even.  On my mission, my Mission President who was the strictest ever, even realized how big this game is for Americans and told us to work on our area books during this time.  So, naturally, I interpreted this to mean find a less active member to watch the game with.

After listening to about 50 hours of breakdown the past 2 weeks, I'm ready for the game to begin and I think I know what we are going to expect.  


I think this will be a 24-21 win for the Cardinals and here is why. 

-Steelers defense is good, really good, and we've had to hear about for the past 2 weeks.  I admit they are good, but so is the Eagles D and they got carved up.  I think they can slow em down but not stop them. 
- The Hines ward injury is really concerning to me and having watched the Steelers play a ton this year I've seen them struggle offensively with him.
- I think Arizona's return guys are really good (Arrington and Breaston) and they will set the Cardinals up nicely for at least one score.  
-Larry freaking Fitzgerald is the man, but Bolding will be the guy who comes up huge due to the attention that Fitzgerald will demand.  
- Steelers receivers will drop some key catches, and the injury to Ward will be extremely evident.
- Kurt Warner has been there, and will be prepared for what the Steelers will send at him.  
- Cardinals pass rush and rush defense have been really really good in the playoffs against really good rushing teams.  I just don't see Pittsburgh dominating the clock with the run game like they would need to to win the game.  I think Big Ben makes some big plays but also gets beat around and makes some mistakes to the tune of 2 turnovers. 
- I thought Philly was the team of destiny and Arizona beat them.   Sooo.
- 


No comments:

Post a Comment