Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Paula Abdul's awesome drunken dance video.

I've been offended tonight.  Before I go off though, I'd like to give big ups to Supergay (Adam Lambert) because he rocked last night.  When I heard he was doing whole lotta love,  I thought no way he could pull that song off.  You just can't do Robert Plant, don't try.  I'm glad he did because that was awesome.  

However, back to the rant. How can the Idol Execs roll Paula out there and let her do that "performance" on the show.  If you are going to lip sync at least dance well;  What a trainwreck.  How can idol claim that she sang that live; her voice didn't change when she was being held in the air by her back by one of the backup dancers and when she fell backwards into 4 of her backup singers arms.  Then at the end of the song when they turned off the recording and turned on her actual mic did they not think we'd notice that her saying that final line was about twice as loud as the actual singing.  A 5 year old wouldn't be fooled by this.  

I don't like people think they can lie to me and I'm not going to notice. I've been offended. 

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny! My favorite is definitely Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was pretty much a joke. How that fit in with Rock night I will never understand. We knew the minute she opened her mouth that she was lip syncing. They knew they couldn't let her sing it live because it would be awful without the help of a studio. Which still begs the question, Why?
    Also love your name for Adam. Do you have a copyright on that or can we use it too. I was loath to admit also that he did rock that song!

    ReplyDelete